Monday, February 19, 2007

Meet Lea Schizas

I can't tell you how excited I am for Branches of Life BlogZine to begin, knowing the articulate writers who have joined to offer you each month articles of interest.

Well, it's time to begin introducing ourselves:

My name is Lea Schizas, an award-winning author/editor, and founder of quite a few sites. I won't offer all the links here but do invite you to check out my personal website at:
http://leaschizaseditor.tripod.com/

I am a mother of five, used to own a salon business for the longest time before I gave it up to pursue my passion, writing. I describe my career as finally woken up after a 23-year self-induced coma of taking care of the family.

I guess you can say I am sort of a butterfly: first a caterpillar (worked seven years as a head teller), then cocooned for another decade or so as a stylist until I finally spread my wings and became a writer.

In the coming months, each of the Branches of Life writers will offer you their own experiences in the themes to come. And our first will be all about TEENS, and boy, do I have tales to tell.

Lea Schizas

1 comment:

The Substitute Chef said...

Lea-
You have given SO much of yourself so unselfishly to create many different - and award winning - sites. What motivates you?
Christina